Updated as of September 17, 2018
Fantastic Sams Franchise Corporation (“Fantastic Sams,” “we” or “our”) (i) owns the Fantastic Sams franchise system (the “Franchise System”) that operates under the trademarks of Fantastic Sams (the “Trademarks”), (ii) licenses independently owned and operated Fantastic Sams salons (“Franchised Salon(s)”) the right to use the Franchise System and Trademarks, and (ii) licenses subfranchisors (“Subfranchisors”) to use the Fantastic Sams Franchise System to license independently owned and operated Franchised Salons.
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you (information that identifies you as a specific person or relates to you as a specific person) (“Personal Information” or “PI”) such as your:
- Address (billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card information
- Employment history
We may also collect information related to the computer or other device that you may use to access the Services. This type of information may not identify the individual user, but instead may identify the computer or other device used.
How is Personal Information Collected and Used by Fantastic Sams?
Submitted by You: Examples of how your Personal Information may be collected include when you:
- Apply for employment
- Contact us with a question, comment or request
- Initiate a search on the Website or use any of the Services
- Make a product, vendor, or real estate inquiry
- Make a purchase or complete a transaction on our Website or using the Services
- Respond to any promotional and/or other marketing offers, including any coupons initiated by us or third party marketing automation providers
Mobile Devices: When you visit the Website on a mobile device or use any of the Services on a mobile device, we may collect information related to your unique mobile device ID, as well as location information. Should you download any Apps, we, as well as our service provider may monitor, track, and collect usage data. For example, we may collect data specific to the days and times which you access the App(s) from your specific device.
Do Not Track: Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sources: We may also receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as social media platforms, people that you are in some way connected with on social media platforms, public databases, and the like.
Location Tracking: Additionally, when you visit our Website, or use any Services, we may collect information about your location using technologies like GPS, wi-fi, Bluetooth or cellular tower proximity. This type of information may be used to locate your proximity to nearby Franchised Salons, or to identify offers and other location specific items that may be of interest to you.
How is the Personal Information that We Collect Used?
The Personal Information that we may collect from you may be used for our legitimate interests, including:
- To evaluate your candidacy for employment
- To respond to your inquiries and/or fulfill your requests (for example, if you contact us with a question, we will use personal information like your email address or phone number to reply to your inquiry)
- To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services (for example, to process payment and initiate shipping of an order of products)
- To send you marketing communications
- For our business purposes (marketing research, data analysis, etc.)
- To present products and services to you that we think may be of interest to you
- Maintain, market and improve our loyalty program
- For any other lawful purpose
How is the Personal Information We Collect Disclosed?
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- Franchisees, Subfranchisors, and Franchisees of Subfranchisors*: We may share your Personal Information with our franchisees, who individually own and operate Franchised Salons. We may also share your information with our Subfranchisors. Your Personal Information may also be shared with the franchisees of the Subfranchisor who individually own and operate Franchised Salons, either by us or the Subfranchisor.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with vendors and service providers with whom we, our affiliates, or our franchisees have a business relationship. For example, we may share your information with travel service companies, financial service companies, insurance companies, payment and credit card processing companies, accountants and legal advisors, and email delivery services such as advertising agencies and email or marketing automation providers and other vendors.
- Merger or Acquisition: We may share your Personal Information with a third party who acquires any part of Fantastic Sams itself, or any of its affiliates, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.Disclosure Permitted by Law: We may share your Personal Information to government or public agencies, law enforcement authorities, regulators, and/or any other person or entity having legal authority or justification for receipt of your Personal Information if: (i) we believe that we are required to do so by law; (ii) we believe that we are permitted to do so by law or legal process; (iii) to respond to a claim; or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fantastic Sams, its affiliates, its subfranchisors, any of their franchisees, or others.
Without limiting the above, we may share aggregated information that does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties, franchisees, or affiliates for any purpose, except as prohibited by law.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Fantastic Sams takes reasonable steps to help protect your Personal Information. However, data transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is provided to us.
- Children’s Online Privacy: The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under thirteen years of age. Fantastic Sams does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection ACT (“COPPA”) from children in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information as defined by COPPA, we will delete the child’s information from our records to the extent required by COPPA.
- Your California Privacy Rights: We may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California customer, you are entitled to request certain information regarding our compliance with this law. To request such a notice, please send a written request to [email protected]. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject and include your name, street address, city, state and zip code.
- Review and Deletion: You may request to review, delete, or modify your Personal Information at any time by contacting us via email at [email protected]. If reasonably practicable, we will comply with any such request. Please note that copies of information that is updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages for a period of time, and we may maintain records in our systems of this information as well.
*The Fantastic Sams franchise system was originally structured as a three-tiered system where we granted regional franchise rights to certain Subfranchisors, who in turn granted local franchises to franchisees. Fantastic Sams Franchise Corporation is the current master franchisor. Subfranchisors of Fantastic Sams Franchise Corporation exist in various geographical regions throughout the United States.
**Our affiliate, Fantastic Sams Retail Corporation, is a Delaware corporation that was established for the purpose of owning and operating hair salons. We and Fantastic Sams Retail Corporation are owned by Fantastic Sams International Corporation, a Delaware corporation that is itself owned by Dessange Group North America, Inc. (“DGNA”). Camille Albane, USA, Inc. is a Delaware corporation and a subsidiary of DGNA. Camille Albane, USA, Inc. has two subsidiaries, C.Alb Franchising, Inc., and C.Alb Salons, Inc. Dessange USA, Inc. is also a Delaware corporation and a subsidiary of DGNA. Dessange USA, Inc. has two subsidiaries, Dessange Franchising, LLC, and Dessange Salons, Inc. D. Participations SAS, a French corporation, is the parent of DGNA. D. Participations SAS is also the parent of Dessange International SAS, also a French corporation.