Fantastic Sams: Pushing Beyond the Kids’ Salon Franchise
Home » Fantastic Sams: Pushing Beyond the Kids’ Salon Franchise
One of the best ways to entice a first-time customer to become a loyal, returning client is to offer a service or product that makes them want to book another appointment. For a kids’ salon franchise, this could be as simple as being much more than a salon and spa for kids franchise.
Why limit your business to one salon category—children’s hair—when you could provide many services for the whole family?
The Salon Industry
In 2022, the hair salon market size in the United States measured $52.1 billion1. Annually, the hair salon industry grows at about 3.03%2. With some quick math and presuming those numbers hold throughout 2023, we expect the 2023 U.S. market size to come in somewhere around $53.7 billion at the close of the year.
What generates the highest amount of revenue in a hair salon? Unsurprisingly, it’s haircutting and styling with 62%3, followed by hair coloring with 23% of the revenue.
If you’re considering opening a kids’ salon franchise, you may be interested in the breakdown of revenues by age4:
- Consumers aged 25-34 make up 16.5% of the revenues, accounting for the least spend due to being at the beginning of their income-making capabilities.
- The market segment in the age range between 35-44 is the biggest, spending 35.1% of total revenues. They prefer services like hair coloring, permanent hair changes, and personal care items.
- The 45-54 market segment accounts for 23% of hair salon industry revenues, with higher disposable incomes that allow them to be more selective in their choice of salon products and services.
- Consumers 55 and older spend 25.4% of the industry’s revenue, choosing more hair services than nail services. They also spend more frugally on hair treatments.
The Kids’ Salon Franchise is a Great Start
Parents looking for a great kids’ hair salon franchise for their children’s haircuts may not expect to find a versatile salon that could also service their needs as adults. They may be looking for:
- Stylists who are patient with small children
- Stylists capable of providing haircuts for those with special needs
- Stylists who keep up with fashion trends in children’s and teenager’s styles
- Affordable haircare and products designed specifically for children’s finer, softer hair
- An environment suitable for children and adolescents, but not necessarily somewhere adults can relax
But what if your haircare salon franchise investment had all the above things parents were looking for in a kids’ salon franchise while also fitting the aesthetic of an adults’ salon that performed services the parents found desirable?
For instance, what if your salon franchise could provide:
- Stellar services for children’s haircuts
- Engagement with adolescents and teenagers who want more say concerning their appearance
- Industry-leading advice and fashion-forward opinions on today’s current styles for all ages
- Enhanced product knowledge no matter the age
- Affordable services for the whole family
And you can offer these services in an environment that’s comfortable and appropriate to every client?
That’d be a remarkable hair salon franchise. There’d be no reason to limit yourself to being only a franchise kids’ salon and spa. You could market yourself to a much wider audience while also capturing the best of the franchise kids’ salon and spa market.
The Fantastic Sams Salon Franchise Investment
While Fantastic Sams franchises are not kids’ salon franchises, any Fantastic Sams franchise can easily fulfill the services of kids’ salon franchises. In fact, children’s haircuts are one way we draw parents into our locations and encourage them to give our salons a chance.
Let’s be honest, parents are receptive to affordable haircare messaging for their children, but they don’t always want to consider a low-cost service for themselves if it means looking like they’ve had a “discount haircut.”
When our well-trained stylists give their children fabulous haircuts, we show them that affordable doesn’t mean cheap. It’s proof that at Fantastic Sams, they can look and feel their best with our services without emptying their bank accounts.
While we may not be exclusively a kids’ salon franchise, we don’t have to be to qualify as an incredible investment.
The Fantastic Sams Franchise Model
Not only are our services affordable, but so is our investment opportunity. Potential franchisees are often surprised by how low our investment range really is.
Based on our latest Franchise Disclosure Document, investors can expect an initial investment range between $150,500 and $332,000, which includes the $30,000 franchise fee. For a brand like Fantastic Sams, which has been in business for more than 50 years, that’s incredible!
The Fantastic Sams Franchise Support Promise
With your investment, you can expect outstanding support, including:
- Guidance on site selection and build-out, using crucial demographics data and experience to you choose the best possible location for your franchise
- Comprehensive training for day-to-day operations and all the necessary knowledge to run your franchise business seamlessly
- Building supplier/vendor relationships
- Training on technology tools and systems
- On-site grand opening launch support
- Continued support, training, on-site visits, and support for maintenance and ongoing operations
- Access to our confidential operations manual, an invaluable daily resource for smooth operations
- Beautiful, professionally designed, and strategically built marketing plans and collateral to grow your hair salon franchise
Does the idea of owning a Fantastic Sams suddenly sound much better and more promising than opening a kids’ salon franchise? We thought it might.
Contact us today to learn how you can become part of the Fantastic Sams family!